Check Service Availability
Endpoint monitoring – allow configure HTTP or HTTPS URLs that can be monitored from up to 3 different geographic locations.
Capture runtime application errors
Application logging – incudes application level logging either to file system, table storage, or blog storage.
Deploy Azure WebJob package and configure to execute daily
- Get-AzureWebSite – obtain reference to site
- New-AzureWebSiteJob – deploy the zip file containing WebJob package
- New-AzureSchedulerJobCollection – create collection of Azure WebJobs
- New -AzureSchedulerHttpJob – schedule WebJob has HTTP actions
- Interval 1-Frequency Day – daily
Implement administrative monitoring for VM high CPU usage
Alert rule – can be configured to send email and to trigger disc activity read/write, network send/receive, and CPU thresholds.
Setting up Azure Traffic Manager
- New-AzureTrafficManagerProfile – Create a profile which provides parameters for domain to be managed and LoadBalancingMethod to be used.
- Add-AzureTrafficManagerEndPoint – adding endpoints to direct traffic to
- Set-AzureTrafficManagerProfile – applies settings in profile and activates profile.
Entity framework class for connection resiliency strategy
DbConfiguration class has a SetExecutionStrategy method that enables control over retry logic via IDBExecutionStrategy Interface.
Configure logging operations for storage service
Set-AzureStorageServiceLoggingProperty configures logging operations for storage service.
- Service Type
External identity provider
Create Access Control namespace. – Azure app uses Access Control Service (ACS) to authenticate users using token provided by external identity provider (e.g: Google, Facebook) or from other identity providers such as Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS).
Add WS-Federation identity providers – custom identity providers that support the WS-Federation protocol
Add cloud service web role as a relying party application – relies on identity provider to authenticate users.