Analyze SQL Server Profile trace file for compatibility issues before migration SQL Server to Azure SQL Database
SQL Database Migration Wizard, check using SQL Server Profile trace or a Transact-SQL script file. It also migrates schema and bulk copy of data.
Optimize performance by caching web page data
Standard tier Azure Redis Cache, includes primary cache and secondary cache, SLA 99.9%. Can use ASP.NET Output Cache Provider to easily implement output caching in web app.
ASP.NT Session State Provider allows Azure Redis Cache store session state data.
Content Delivery Network (CDN) end point
CDN end point allow uploaded blobs to be accessed from a server in the closest geographic region to the user requesting the data.
Create persistent mounted file share on Windows VM
- Store credentials using cmdkey command with /add option.
- /user: storage account name
- /pass: storage key
- Call net use to create mounted share and associate with drive letter.
Add caching for cloud service
- Use the Dedicated Cache Capacity to determine cache requirements. Dedicated Cache Capacity Planner Excel spreadsheet to determine instance size, count and configuration settings.
- Add Cache Worker Role to Cloud Service Project. Cache Worker role is preconfigured for dedicated cache cluster setting.
- Set the Instance count property and VM Size property. In the configuration tab, these are the values derived from the Dedicated Cache Capacity Planner spreadsheet.
- Check the box for High Availability for default cache and set Expiration Type to Sliding Window. Sliding Window support objects stored in cache will not expire until 10 minutes last accessed.
Implement web endpoint monitoring
- Configure endpoint monitoring for VM to monitor from several test locations.
- Enable the Response Time endpoint monitoring metric for each test location.
- Configure an Alert for each Response Time endpoint monitoring metric.
- Define conditions for each Alert to send emails.
Creating endpoint from Azure Management Portal
- Protocol – TCP or UDP
- Private port – connection port for inbound connections within Azure
- Public port – connection port for connections originating outside of Azure